About the Training
This one day (4 hours) program is designed for startup promoters who want to understand how to create financial projections for their business. It would be beneficial for startups launching a new product to the market or targeting new customers in new markets.
Projections are the narrative that explain how your business will succeed. Predicting the forward-looking financials of a startup can be daunting at worst and challenging at best. Selecting the right model, researching defensible assumptions and building convincing and realistic predictions are necessary not only for potential investment but also for limiting financial risk as you grow your company.
In this workshop, you’ll learn
- The key drivers of early-stage financial modeling
- Access resources for building business model assumptions
- Explore the process of creating credible financials
- The necessary skills and knowledge to use an advanced (but understandable) Excel Spreadsheet to create 3 year financial projections for their business: Cashflow, P&L, and Balance Sheet
- Level of Sales, Cost of Sales, Expenses, Staff, and Route to Market
The training is delivered by Jasur Hasanov who is an Impact Entrepreneur, Marketer, trained Startup Coach & Business Advisor.
He’s behind the initiatives like Social Innovation Lab and VentureBattle accelerator program that stands for bridging the gap between the aspiring tech entrepreneurs from the extended Caucasus Region and the right resources and inspiration to enable the creation of sustainable tech innovations in hospitality, foodtech, education and cleantech fields. In other words, these initiatives have been playing a key role to catalyze Azerbaijani and Caucasian tech ecosystem and provide the local entrepreneurs access to the global opportunities.
He has spent more than 5 years in some of the world’s rising startup ecosystems like Singapore, Sweden, Estonia, Malaysia and holds an MBA from a top-notch business school PBS. Currently, Jasur is the Director of Social Innovation Lab, Program Director of ClimateLaunchpad. He has founded number of ventures that you can find more about here.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am : Welcome & Introductions
- 9:30 am – 11:00 am : Finance section of Business Plan & Business Plan Appendices
- 11:00 am – 11:15 am : Coffee Break
- 11:15 am – 12:30 am : Case Scenario
- 12:30 am – 1:00 pm : Conclusions – Q&A
- 1:00 pm : Finish
- At least, to know English in pre-intermediate or intermediate levels.
- Laptop with Excel for each participant.
- Ability of using Excel sheet.
- Desirable attendees with accountancy or finance backgrounds knowledge
- Capability in the team or group.